Apartment Moving Tips
Whether you’re moving into your first apartment or preparing to pack up as your rent contract runs out, it’s easy to feel overwhelmed during a move. Affordable Reliable Moving Company, apartment movers in Irvine, CA, offer a list of handy apartment moving tips for a smooth, stress-free relocation.
Before You Move
Planning and scheduling are two of the most important relocation tips. Mapping out your move will help with peace of mind and cut down on move-in costs. Make a list of everything you need to do and allocate time to each task.
10 Best Apartment Moving Tips
These are our top tips for moving out of an apartment:
- Make Arrangements Early. Give yourself enough time to pack and book a moving company.
- Know the Size of Your New Space. Knowing your new home’s square footage will help you decide which items to take with you and which to leave behind.
- When In Doubt, Choose Three. Have too many knick-knacks for your new compact space? Choose three keepsakes and put the rest in storage – or donate them.
- Pack in Advance. Don’t leave packing until the last minute! Start early and begin by packing up the items you don’t need for daily use.
- Free Boxes. You can often get free packing containers in local supermarkets or through friends who have moved recently.
- Purge. If you haven’t used an item for two years, you probably won’t miss it when it’s gone.
- Donate Unused Furniture or Clothing. Your local Goodwill will be glad to receive any furniture, clothes, or household items in good condition.
- Leaves Clothes on Hangers. Leaving clothes on hangers will make it easier to hang them back up. It will also help you avoid a mess of tangled, bent hangers.
- Pack Plates Vertically. Pack your plates vertically rather than on top of each other. This will reduce pressure on the plates and make them less likely to break.
- Use Sheets, Towels, and Rags. Forego bulky bubble wrap and use your sheets, towels, T-shirts, and rags to pack up breakables like glass or china.
The following apartment packing tips will make your life easier:
- Cover all cleaning supplies, shampoo, and other liquid bottles with plastic wrap in case they leak.
- Label or color-code boxes so you know what to unpack first.
- Pack essentials separately in a suitcase or backpack.
Use these new apartment tips for easier unpacking:
- Unpack essentials (which you’ve pre-labeled) first.
- Clean your storage spaces, like the kitchen and bathroom cabinets, before you fill them up.
- Try to get each box in the correct room rather than piling them all up on top of each other.
Our Apartment Moving Services in Irvine, CA
So how is Affordable Reliable Moving Company different from other apartment moving companies in Irvine, CA?
- We always strive to provide the highest level of service combined with transparent, competitive prices.
- We respect your belongings and do our best to minimize any damages during a move.
- Our licensed, insured, and professional team values your time and is happy to accommodate your schedule.
Many of our clients work with us more than once and recommend us to others as a reliable local moving service.
Benefits of Hiring Apartment Movers in Irvine, CA
When you hire Affordable Reliable Moving Company, you get:
- Speed. We help you relocate faster.
- Efficiency. Our experience helps us streamline every task.
- Tools. Our apartment movers have the right tools to facilitate your move.
- Less stress. Why try to handle it all yourself when you can work with pros?
Call an Expert Apartment Moving Company Now
Are you planning on moving into a new apartment in or around Irvine, CA? Affordable Reliable Moving Company provides secure, competitively priced moving services. Our professional team will help you move with maximum efficiency and minimum hassle.
Call 949-635-4963 today or fill out our online form to request a quote.
Get Your Free Quote Now
"*" indicates required fields
What Our Clients Say
“ I was in a bind with having to move during the Coronavirus problems. You were very accommodating in this tough time. ”