How to Pack Dishes and Glasses for Moving
Packing dishes and glasses for moving is one of the most frustrating and stressful parts of any move. You need to ensure that each fragile item is carefully secured to avoid damage during transit. If you’re unsure how to pack dishes for moving, AR Moving Company has your back! Here is everything you need to know about how to pack dishes and glasses for moving.
Basic Materials Required for Packing
Here are the basic materials you need for packing:
- Medium-sized packing boxes: When choosing packing boxes, choose the right size. The items should be stored snugly inside to prevent accidental breakage when in transit.
- Bubble wrap: Bubble wrap is essential for moving fragile items such as dishes and glasses. Wrap large items individually, and stack smaller items together to save on bubble wrap.
- Packing tape: Use packing tape to secure the bubble wrap around your dishes and glasses and to close the packing boxes.
- Labels and markers: Make sure to label each box with the contents. This way, you won’t have any trouble unpacking the boxes after transport.
How to Do the Packing Step by Step
Approaching packing methodically is the best way to do it efficiently and correctly. Below, you will find a step-by-step guide that will get you on the right track.
Step 1: Close the bottom of the box with tape
Using packing tape, secure the bottom of the packing box to prevent the box from opening accidentally while in transit. The tape will also reinforce the bottom and prevent it from sagging under the weight of your dishes and glasses.
Step 2: Pack Up Plates First and Add them to the Box
After wrapping your plates in bubble wrap, place the plates at the bottom of the box. The flat surface of the plates will provide a stable surface for your other items.
Step 3: Pack the Bowls, Pots, and Pans and Add them to the Box
Stack your bowls, pots, and pans on top of the plates. Avoid adding too much weight on top of the plates.
Step 4: Pack Mugs and Glasses and Add them to the Box
Place your mugs and glasses last. Lay these items on their side to prevent them from tipping over and breaking.
Step 5: Fill the Gap with a Cushion
Use extra bubble wrap or blankets to cushion the gaps around your dishes and plates.
Step 6: After You Pack Dishes and Glasses for Moving, Tape the Upper Side of the Box
Close the box and use packing tape to secure the top side.
Tips and Tricks to Help You Pack Dishes and Glasses for Moving
Here are some tips on how to pack dishes for moving:
- Stack your dishes and glasses vertically to save space.
- If you don’t have boxes, paint buckets can be a good alternative.
- Layer your plates with Styrofoam plates to prevent scratches and chipping.
- Old clothes and towels make for great gap cushions.
Get in Touch with a Trustworthy Moving Service Today!
Now that you know how to pack dishes and glasses for moving, take your time while you ready your items for transport. Taking those extra few minutes to secure them in bubble wrap and adding cushions will save you a lot of trouble during unpacking!
If you don’t want to deal with packing dishes and glasses for moving, AR Moving Company is here to help. Call us today at 949-635-4963 to have our expert team handle the packing and moving of your dishes and glasses.
Get Your Free Quote Now
"*" indicates required fields
What Our Clients Say
“ I was in a bind with having to move during the Coronavirus problems. You were very accommodating in this tough time. ”