Why is Moving to the City of Orange a Good Idea
Exploring the possibility of relocating often involves weighing a variety of factors, from economic opportunities to the quality of life. For example, what makes moving to the City of Orange a good idea are the opportunities and experiences it presents to its citizens. If this kind of move interests you, you’re in the right place. We’re about to explore what makes Orange an appealing destination for potential residents. It should be enough to help you realize this city might be the one where you and your family can build the life you’ve always dreamed of.
Rich Historical Significance
The City of Orange, founded in 1869 and originally named Richland, boasts a storied past. Its founders, Alfred Chapman and Andrew Glassell, lawyers by trade, laid out the town in 1871, renaming it Orange two years later to avoid confusion with another Richland in California. This change anticipated the city’s future citrus industry fame.
In the past of this city, the following years stand out:
- 1873: Richland becomes Orange.
- 1888: Orange is formally incorporated.
- Early 1900s: Downtown Orange develops, mirroring the success of the citrus industry.
Today, Orange’s history is preserved in over 1,400 vintage buildings within its National Historic District. All of this appeals to those relocating, with Orange CA moving companies, ready to assist. Orange’s commitment to preserving its past while embracing the future makes it a unique place to call home.
Job Opportunities and Economy with Big Potential
The City of Orange, with its proximity to Los Angeles and the Southern California coastline, plays a significant role in the region’s economy. As of recent data, the city has witnessed a job market increase, though at a modest rate of 0.6% over the last year. The future job growth is predicted at around 31.9% over the next decade, slightly below the national average. Despite these figures, the city’s unemployment rate aligns with the national average, reflecting its resilient economy.
Notably, Orange boasts a diverse economic landscape, with a mix of industries contributing to its growth. The city’s median household income stands notably higher than the national average, indicating the relative economic well-being of its residents. This economic stability, combined with the city’s strategic location, makes Orange an appealing destination for professionals and families.
Excellent Educational Facilities
Families with children will be happy to learn that educational institutions in this city are pretty decent. One example of this is Chapman University, which is based here. Such an esteemed university’s presence elevates the city’s academic profile and contributes to the local economy and cultural scene.
Cultural and Recreational Activities
If you ask some of the local furniture movers Orange County offers why is moving to the city of Orange a good idea, they will probably talk about so much you can do in this city in terms of culture and recreation. That is because living in Orange, CA, you’ll find an abundance of activities and places that enrich your free time, making your move to this city truly worthwhile. Consider these suggestions:
- Exploring Santiago Oaks Regional Park. Embrace the outdoors with activities like hiking and horseback riding amidst its stunning landscapes. This park is a perfect getaway for nature lovers.
- Dining at Orange Hill restaurant. Treat yourself to an exquisite culinary experience. This restaurant is not just about great food but also offers a mesmerizing view, enhancing your dining experience.
- Family days at Irvine Regional Park. Ideal for families, this park offers train rides and nature trails. It’s a fantastic spot for a relaxing day out or a fun-filled adventure with kids.
- Visiting Old Towne Orange. Step into the past with a stroll through this historic district, home to quaint antique shops and a variety of eateries.
- Shopping at The Outlets at Orange. For a retail therapy session, this open-air mall offers diverse shopping and entertainment options.
- Cultural Experiences at Musco Center for the Arts at Chapman University. Immerse yourself in the arts with performances ranging from music to theater, showcasing both local and international talent.
- Artistic Exploration at Hilbert Museum of California. Discover California’s history and culture through its impressive collection of California Scene paintings.
- Enjoying Yorba Regional Park. Nearby in Anaheim, this park offers tranquil settings for biking, fishing, and picnicking – a great escape from city life.
- Culinary Adventures in Anaheim Packing District. A short drive away, this district is a haven for food enthusiasts, offering a variety of artisanal eateries.
- Discovering Limestone Canyon Nature Preserve. Ideal for hiking and biking, this preserve is a testament to the area’s natural beauty and wildlife diversity.
The Affordability of Life in Orange
Living in the City of Orange offers a unique balance of affordability, especially considering its Southern California location. Here’s a snapshot of what makes Orange affordable to live in:
- The cost of living in Orange is higher than the national average but aligns with the typical expenses in California. The overall cost of living index for Orange is 164.9, with housing being a significant factor at 298.1.
- The median household income in Orange is $102,125, which is 21% higher than the California average. For individuals, the median income is $44,192, 8% higher than the state average. These figures indicate a relatively prosperous economic environment for residents. Also, these figures are among the top reasons why more and more people hire moving helpers Orange County offers to relocate them to this beautiful city.
Are You Still Wondering Why is Moving to the City of Orange a Good Idea?
The City of Orange embodies a unique combination of attributes catering to diverse preferences and needs. Whether it’s economic stability, educational opportunities, or leisure and cultural experiences, Orange provides a compelling argument for those considering a move. The city’s balance of urban amenities and suburban comfort, alongside its emphasis on community well-being and affordable living, positions it as an attractive choice for individuals and families looking to relocate. So why is moving to the city of Orange a good idea? Because it both promises a high standard of living and delivers a rich and fulfilling lifestyle experience.
Get Your Free Quote Now
"*" indicates required fields
What Our Clients Say
“ I was in a bind with having to move during the Coronavirus problems. You were very accommodating in this tough time. ”